Friday, April 22, 2011

Sometimes you're the windshield

Playing 4-8 limit, I quickly went through my small $100 buy-in and was down to $16. I looked down to A-J of clubs on the button. There's moderate action in front of me, and I raise. I know the table pretty well and know one guy is going to call no matter what, that's fine. He calls, but so do some others.
Flop comes J K 5. After some checks, one guy bets, I of course raise to all in. In my head I know he either has the King or a straight draw, and I'm hoping for the straight draw.
Nope. He turns AK, and I know my time is short as the turn reveals an off card. Then BAAM, the jack hits for the trips and I survive another hand.
Still I never quite get caught up, surviving a couple other all-ins, but that's okay. Sometimes even in a losing session, you remember the hands you won.
After I left poker, I got neither up nor down in two hours of Blackjack and Pai Gow, then decided to kill time at a few penny slot machines.
Down about another $40, I finally decide it's time to head out, only to see a machine I hadn't seen before. Sit down and put in $10. Down to $3 and I hit. Small hit at first, just $16. But then another, and another. I walk away from the machine $80 ahead.

Sometimes a bad day at poker just isn't all bad afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment